The good folks at Marvell Semiconductor have instituted a few cost-cutting measures this year because of These Economic Times. Besides pay cuts, business travel freezes and all that fun stuff, this involves 2 weeks of mandatory, unpaid vacation in 2009. For the Pricketts mandatory vacation = ROAD TRIP!
We are packing bags and heading out this afternoon to:
1. Grandma’s house
2. Carly’s house in San Francisco
4. Mammoth Lakes, CA
5. Red’s Meadow Pack Station
6. Backpack to Thousand Island Lake in the High Sierras
7. Backpack to Garnet Lake
8. Backpack to Ruby Lake
9. Backpack to Shadow Lake
10. Backpack to Lake Ediza
11. Spend Independence Day in CA, and see the fireworks at Crowley Lake with the Red’s Meadow gang
12. Drive home
13. Nurse the frostbite we are sure to have sustained while camping at 10,000 feet elevation.
14. Plan next adventure.